[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast not getting all hits

Dan Kortschak Dan Kortschak <kortschak@rsbs.anu.edu.au>
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:29:33 +1000 (EST)

Hi All, I have been using Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast to grab sequence
identities/species/etc for a largish set of coral EST to get an idea of
sequence conservation in the cnidarian lineage relative to vertebrates and
non-vertebrate bilaterians (insects and nematodes etc). After running the
script (largely based on Jason Stajich remote_blast example script - my
mess of it is pretty ugly so I haven't posted it) and manually validating
a proportion of the EST blast reports, I have found that a number of EST
failed to get blast matches and did not report a blast failure, but did
get matches when blasted manually. These failures were repeatable.
Does anyone have an idea what may be going on here.

thanks
Dan

I will post the script if necessary, but it's very ugly and kind of
embarassing, so I'd rather not.

I'm using bioperl 1.0 (debian wooby release).

--

  The address above will not work, remove the spanner from the works.

By replying to this email you implicitly accept that your response may
be forwarded to other recipients.
Permission is granted for fair use reproduction.