[Bioperl-l] GenBankParser comparison to bioperl parser

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:12:13 -0400

As long as John understands the implications of what he wants to do -- that
is, committing to be "the man" for maintaining the parser in perpetuity -- I
don't see why the parser shouldn't be squirreled away in a subdirectory of
bioperl designated "contrib".  I don't think that the parser should be placed
parallel to the current SeqIO API at the risk of confusing lots of newbies.

Lincoln