[Bioperl-l] tests failing badly

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 22:30:59 -0700

On Monday, September 9, 2002, at 09:19  PM, Aaron J Mackey wrote:

>  I apologize greatly for not making sure
> everything else tested out OK (but, in fact, all tests ran cleanly
> here).

No problem. The test OK/not OK is a weird thing though ... why do
you get warnings when here all runs OK, and vice versa? I'm running
perl 5.6.0 on Mac OSX 10.1.5 ...

> But whatever you've changed seems to have introduced a myriad of
> warnings,
> and now EncodedSeq seems to think it's a protein sometimes ...

Yeah I think I found that place in EncodedSeq. There was one call to
set/change the sequence. I just added passing the alphabet in
addition (so if it's defined, changing the sequence prevents
changing the alphabet). That fixed the problem.

> mea culpa, mea culpa,

Again, no problem. Everyone leaves problems behind once in a while,
tests don't reveal everything ... (in fact it was me who left e.g.
the bad Bio:Root typo couple days ago ... the bioperl tests
strangely enough didn't reveal the problem until all the bioperl-db
tests collapsed)

	-hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org