[Bioperl-l] Bio::Cluster

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:53:32 -0700

Furthermore, Bio::ClusterI has a concept of members, but promises no type. Bio::Cluster::SequenceFamily implements it by more or assuming it's going to be Bio::SeqI objects, but there's no checking nor enforcement.

Should there be a Bio::Cluster::MemberI? Or alternatively in the spirit of AnnotationCollectionI, should be have implicit type setting and enforcement in that the first added member determines the type members need to at least comply with, unless you explicitly specify the type that is at least required?

	-hilmar