[Bioperl-l] about remoteblast

Wiepert, Mathieu Wiepert.Mathieu@mayo.edu
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:22:14 -0500

Hi,

I am not sure which version of bioperl-run you are using, but the latest version appears to do what you want.  It may be confusion because you need to actually change the RETRIEVALHEADER value, not he HEADER value.

I tested this using the script from the POD header of the RemoteBlast, adding the line,

$Bio::Tools::Run::RemoteBlast::RETRIEVALHEADER{'NCBI_GI'} = 'on';
and toggling it to see what the different output might be.

With gi's on, I got
gi|19855070|sp|O95050|INMT_HUMAN Indolethylamine N-methyltransfe...   545   e-155
and off
sp|O95050|INMT_HUMAN Indolethylamine N-methyltransferase (Aromat...   545   e-155

so, it should work for you.  If it doesn't, let me know...

-Mat