[Bioperl-l] about FASTA report parser

stanley eastspring20022002@yahoo.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:48:15 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Jason
The fasta parser that i want is a kind of FASTA report
parser.
I founld a pre-mature FASTAParser module and it is
intended for FASTA 3.3 report format.whatI downloaded
is the new-released FASTA program(3.4).
So anybody can email me a FASTA 3.3 report so that i
can test the FASTAParser.pm.
BTW,the linkage of BLAST from the documentation of
StandAloneBlast.pm all point to
ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/blast/server/current_release
 It is confusing sometime.
thanks
stanley

--- Jason Stajich <jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, stanley wrote:
>
> > hi guys
> > is there a FASTA parser in bioperl?
> yes
>
> fasta alignment? --> Bio::SearchIO
> fasta sequence?  --> Bio::SeqIO
>
> > another question is if i wanna run the
> > stanaloneblast.pm ,which local blast program i
> should
> > install:
> > one is wwwblast.Linux.tar.gz from

ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/blast/server/current_release/or