[Bioperl-l] error using Bio::DB::DBFetch

Andy Nunberg anunberg@oriongenomics.com
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 11:16:39 -0500

Hi,
I was trying to use Bio::DB::EMBL when I got an error when I tried this..
perl -e 'use Bio::DB::EMBL; $embl = new Bio::DB::EMBL;
$seq=$embl->get_Seq_by_acc('xxx');'

error was..
Can't locate HTTP/Request/Common.pm in @INC etc....

Following the trail Bio::DB::EMBL uses Bio::DB:DBFetch which calls
HTTP::Request::Common.

I dont seem to have this module. I am wondering if its part of the normal
perl distribution.  If its not could you update the documentation to put
link where you list HTTP::Request::Common in the section of included
modules so I know where to find it (is it in CPAN etc..).  Also you could
write in big bold letters you need this module for DB::DBFetch to work..

Thanks
Andy
Andy Nunberg, Ph.D
Computational Biologist