[Bioperl-l] Open Bio anonymous CVS, docserver & bugzilla machine is back online

Chris Dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:04:31 -0500

Hi folks,

{Greetings from the Wyeth Research datacenter in Cambridge MA }

'cvs.open-bio.org' -- our main anonymous CVS server that also hosts
documentation and bugzilla bug tracking databases for some of our
projects crashed over the weekend.

What looked to be a failed or corrupt system disk now appears to be a
basic hardware problem within the Sun Netra T1 server itself.

A short time ago we moved all the disks and data to a 'cold spare' Netra
T1 server that the O|B|F has installed for just these sorts of ocasions
and brought the machine online again.

{Knock on wood} things look OK & stable. Give the machine an hour or so
for the cron jobs to kick off and bring the CVS sourcecode repository
back in sync with our current codebase.

Any problems should be reported ASAP to the O|B|F sysamin mailing list:
root-l@open-bio.org

Apologies for the inconvenience & sorry that it took so long to bring
the box back online.

Regards,
Chris

--