[Bioperl-l] bioperl-db: posqgresql adaptor

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:01:03 -0800

SELECT FOR UPDATE only locks the rows until you end the transaction, no? Is that what you mean? If yes, it wouldn't help (or is the update going to be much faster if you locked the rows before?) If not, can you elaborate or point me to some doc?

	-hilmar