[Bioperl-l] Re: Automatic generation of set and get methods

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:22:47 +0000

Hilmar is here restateing a long standing opinion of the core group that
autogenerating methods tends to lead into problems sooner or later in
the life cycle of modules and that their use is therefore strongly
discouraged.

Now that there is a movement to make everything a feature, I am really
happy that autogeneration is not commonly used.

There is at least one case where OVERLOAD has been and is still used in
BioPerl: Bio::Biblio objects.

    -Heikki