[Bioperl-l] Downloading bioperl extension modules

Peter Schattner schattner@alum.mit.edu
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 10:51:09 -0800

Hi folks

I recently tried to download the some of the bioperl extension code
from:
                  ftp://bioperl.org/pub/external/
but I get the message: TCP error no route to host. Server may be down
or unreachable.

Also when I tried to download the modules the "easy way" using:

[peter@pschattner bioperl-1.0.2]$ perl -MCPAN -e 'install
Bundle::BioPerl'

I recieved a huge number of messages across the screen of which the
following where the last.  After the last message the script terminated
( and the required external packages where never retrieved).

base/message........ok
base/negotiate......ok
base/response.......ok
base/status.........ok
base/ua.............ok
html/form...........NOK 4FAILED test 4
        Failed 1/4 tests, 75.00% okay
robot/rules-dbm.....ok
robot/rules.........ok
robot/ua............HTTP Server terminated

ny suggestions on how to get around these problems appreciated. (I am
running RedHat Linux 7.2 on a Dell Inspiron.)

Thanks

Peter