[Bioperl-l] Accessing the Pubmed/Medline field from a genbank entry

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Mon, 27 May 2002 12:52:48 -0400 (EDT)

They should be built when the file is parsed, I guess you are finding that
they are not.

I ran some tests against the test files and we are definitely getting the
Reference objects out - are you trying to pull the pubmed id / medline id
from the file.  You need to call $ref->medline() or $ref->pubmed() to do
so, does it not work for you?

It may be the case that PUBMED/MEDLINE is not properly annotated in your
file so you might want to insure that the file looks like one of the test
files (which do work and I've added a couple more tests to t/SeqIO.t to
insure this).

-j