[Bioperl-l] bioperl-db install

Keith Allen kallen@paragen.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:48:06 -0500

Thanks for the pointers Elia.  I'm running mysql  Ver 11.15 Distrib 3.23.47,
for pc-linux-gnu (i686), so I went into the biosql cvs repository and got
what should be the latest code (biosqldb-mysql.sql version 1.6).  After
creating a new database, I ran the 1.6 code with the command line:

mysql -u <user> -p <database> < biosqldb_1.6

and I got the error:

ERROR 1072 at line 141: Key column 'dbxref_id' doesn't exist in table

which bothers me a little, because if you look at the code, it does too
exist ;-)   Line 141 is creating an index on TABLE bioentry_direct_links,
so in the spirit of academic curiosity, I commented it out, but now I get
the error:

ERROR 1061 at line 140: Duplicate key name 'bdl1'

which makes even less sense.  Line 140 is creating another index on
a different column of the bioentry_direct_links table.  I'm stumped,
but then I'm no mysql expert, as all present will attest.

Any pointers?

-Keith