[Bioperl-l] retrieving raw traces

Jonathan Epstein Jonathan_Epstein@nih.gov
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:08:47 -0400

Does anyone have any code out there for fetching raw traces from the public large-scale sequencing projects?  E.g. at:
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Traces/trace.cgi>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Traces/trace.cgi

I want to retrieve the FASTA sequence associated with identifier
gnl|ti|89858776

which can be retrieved by entering 89858776 into the Search box at the above URL.

Apparently much of this data originates at the Sanger Center.

These sequences lack GIs and accessions.  I'd prefer to fetch data from the NCBI due to its proximity to me, but would be glad to use the Ensembl Trace Server if there's an existing programmatic interface.

Trying to avoid reinventing the wheel,

-Jonathan

Jonathan Epstein                                Jonathan_Epstein@nih.gov
Head, Unit on Biologic Computation              (301)402-4563
Office of the Scientific Director               Bldg 31, Room 2A47
Nat. Inst. of Child Health & Human Development  31 Center Drive
National Institutes of Health                   Bethesda, MD 20892