[Bioperl-l] biosql schema oddities?

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:48:25 +0800 (SGT)

Some biosql schema oddities:

1)Last week we said with Hilmar that we should store NULL versions for
bioentries that don't have a version, rather than zero, while right now
the schema a)does not allow NULL, b)defaults to zero... guess we should
change that, everybody ok with that? (until I hear back I re-committed
non-versions to be zero for coherence)

2)The unique key in bioentry is the display_id, without taking into
account database id. At the moment it basically just happily dies on mysql
when you try to store the same display_id into two databases. We should
handle it better. I think in theory we shouldn't prevent two biodatabases
to contain an entry with the same display_id. What if I want to keep a
database that is only swissprot and one that is sptr all combined for some
arcane reason? Or if I want to keep an old and a new version of a
database?

Elia

--
* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *