[Bioperl-l] GMOD on top of biosql

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:44:11 +0800 (SGT)

Hi Lincoln,

we want to get GMOD to work with biosql, and rather than outguessing the
process (which I think should be fairly straightforward) can you give us a
roadmap of how you think we should do it? As far as I see it already
relies on bioperl sequence and feature objects, so all that is needed is
to write adaptors that rather than talking to DB:GFF talk to bioperl-db,
right? If that is correct, how do you want us to do it? Would you like us
to be GMOD developers and create directories and namespaces for each type
of adaptor (GFF, bioperl-db, why not Ensembl?) within the GMOD codebase?

Let me know:

a)if you have already done steps in this direction

b)how best to focus our efforts not to waste time, and to do it in
whichever way GMOD would prefer it to work

Thanks,

Elia

--
* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *