[Bioperl-l] Organism name fetcher from Genbank

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:20:01 -0400 (EDT)

if the sequence is a properly annotated genbank file you can also pull the
name from
the Bio::Species object that is available from the seq object by:
my $species = $seq->species();
-j