[Bioperl-l] testing bioperl 1.0.1 RC2 release on 'naked' HP-UX machines

chris dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 17:02:05 -0400

Ran 'make test' on 2 machines provided by HP: an 8-CPU HP-UX/PA-RISC
system and a 4-CPU IA64 aka Itanium system. Neither system had any of
the bioperl dependencies installed.

The RC2 candidate passed all tests except those it sensibly skipped on
the PA-RISC machine. More tests failed but overall things look
reasonable on the Itanium system

Links to the raw output:

http://bioteam.net/dag/misc/bioperl-1.0.1RC2-tests/hpux-risc-output.txt

http://bioteam.net/dag/misc/bioperl-1.0.1RC2-tests/hpux-ia64-output.txt

We should certainly put HP-UX 11 on the list of tested configurations.
There may be some additional work necessary on the IA64 version. If I
have time I'll install the dependencies and see how that goes.

-Chris