[Bioperl-l] phrap ace format parser?

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:36:12 -0400 (EDT)

We can parse in rudimentary Ace files with Bio::SeqIO using
Bio::SeqIO::ace but it doesn't read quality or anything other than raw
sequence right now.  However now that quality data can be handling with
Bio::Seq::PrimaryQual I think we should be able to adapt the ace parser to
do this - Brian perhaps this is where your routines could go?  The current
Bio::SeqIO::qual pulls the data from scf files I believe.  Chad correct me
if I'm missing something.