[Bioperl-l] Identifiable and Describable

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:11:59 -0400 (EDT)

I have put in two interfaces, IdentifiableI and DescribableI into
bioperl.

IdentifiableI defines

   ->object_id
   ->version
   ->namespace
   ->authority

I debated adding the common ideas of display_id and description which
also are often properties associated with Sequences/Go terms/Pfam
domains/Interpros whatever, but realised that ideally this is another
interface, which I described as DescribableI

  Methods

   display_name
   description

I made PrimarySeqI isa both an IdentifiableI and DescribableI and adjusted
PrimarySeq implementaiton - need to also handle Seq and then the SeqIO
system.

This is not written in stone yet, so people can still talk me out of this
route, but it feels comfortable for me so far....