[Bioperl-l] indexing and accessing local database

Qunfeng Dong qfdong@iastate.edu
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 13:17:35 -0500 (CDT)

Brian, Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't use Bio::DB::Fasta because I couldn't
find any Doc about how to reuse the index instead of generating it every time.
Anyway, I tried the following code
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
#name: DBindex.pl
use Bio::DB::Fasta;
$File_Name = shift;
$inx = Bio::DB::Fasta->new($File_Name);
$seq = $inx->get_Seq_by_id("AF468672");
print $seq->seq;
then ran it as
% DBindex.pl fastaFile
then I got the following error msg

Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Bio/DB/Fasta.pm line 604.
Odd number of elements in hash assignment at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Bio/DB/Fasta.pm line 969.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Bio/DB/Fasta.pm line 817.

Something must be wrong. Maybe I shouldn't use BioPerl and stick to the blast
database with fastacmd :-)

Qunfeng