[Bioperl-l] 1.0.2

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 19:02:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> I'd not be so optimistic at this point. I'm afraid putting bioperl-db
> and biosql to more use may instigate API changes at some places. It
> shouldn't be terrible though. Anyway, I'm just not sure yet we should
> close 1.0.x after 1.0.2.
>
> I'm testing the Location::each_Location fix and commit in a second.
> Jason, do you have time to merge that to the branch (I'd have to
> download the entire branch; let me know), or is each_Location not in
> the branch anyway? If the latter is true, that means that bioperl-db
> is now incompatible with the 1.0.x branch. Hm. Should we branch
> bioperl-db then, too? Would be kind of difficult by now and involve
> some back-porting ...

Can we just say the bioperl-db HAS to run bioperl 1.1+ or does that just
get us into trouble?

I think the back port is the second option rather than branchin bioperl-db
again and trying to have people remember to check in the fix in both
places.  I guess adding a method is less API breaking than removing one so
back porting each_Location would be acceptable.  Are there other things?

I can do it this weekend.