[Bioperl-l] Re: BioPerl question

Lincoln Stein lstein@cshl.org
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 02:15:37 -0400

Hi Nat,

The orthodox way is to create a Bio::AlignIO object using the desired output
format and then to call write_aln() with the alignment object returned by
SearchIO (via the next_algn() method).  However, your problem reading in the
fasta alignment with AlignIO makes me nervous.  Can you amplify?

Lincoln

lstein@cshl.org			                  Cold Spring Harbor, NY