[Bioperl-l] Re: Inline::C and io_lib

Aaron J Mackey Aaron J. Mackey" <amackey@virginia.edu
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 17:13:03 -0400 (EDT)

OK, well I spent my day on an Inline::C wrapper around the io_lib - and,
mostly, integrating that into bioperl.  I'm almost there - reading is
done, writing is 95% done.  This includes the following IO formats:

scf
abi
alf
pln
exp
ctf
ztr

My current code has a Bio::SeqIO::staden::read that gets invoked via
Bio::SeqIO::abi, Bio::SeqIO::ztr, etc.  staden::read is the only Inline::C
using module; this way, the others can be replaced by pure-perl as
necessary/desired.

Anyone have some test files they can send me to play with?

I expect to have this wrapped up quickly, so I can move on to other
things.

-Aaron