[Bioperl-l] Markers and Maps

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:34:48 +0000

Zhiliang Hu wrote:

> Dear Heikki,
>
> I am very interested in your Bio::Map.  However I cannot find it on
> CPAN nor www.bioperl.org sites.  How may I obtain a copy?

Zhiliang,

And others I confused by not being explicit,

When we on the bioperl list use the term "commit" we mean that we have added
files into the bioperl CVS (Concurrent Versioning System) repository.
Occasionally, a snapshot of the repository is taken and placed into CPAN. We
are in the process of making a release 1.0 of bioperl, but right now the
only way to access these modules are using CVS. You can use it anonymously
(download only), too. See

http://cvs.bioperl.org/

> By the way, is your moduel capable of making comparative maps?

The schema, as it is now, consists of classes capable of holding map and
marker infomation, only. The idea is that there markers can belong to
several maps. There is no logic in there compute anything out of them. Nor
is there any drawing code. All that can be added in due time if there is
enough interest in willing hands to type in the code.

Yours,
	-Heikki