[Bioperl-l] Update of Bioperl tutorial for release 1.0

Peter Schattner schattner@alum.mit.edu
Fri, 08 Feb 2002 08:25:20 -0800

I've committed updates to the main branch of the bioperl-live CVS for the
bioperl tutorial-and-script (bptutorial.pl) to include the changes and new
features for Bioperl 1.0.

Sections that have been added or significantly changed include those relating
to: Map, Tree and Structure objects, parsing with Search/SearchIO, bioperl
functions (ie the Bio::Perl object), running EMBOSS applications and RichSeq
and SeqWithQuality objects.

I may well have not completely or correctly understood the use of these
objects, so I would recommend that the authors of these modules (and any
others interested) check that the tutorial is correct and complete, and, if
not email corrections and/or additions.  I will then incorporate them
(alternately you can modify the CVS yourself, but I would be grateful if you
let me know what changes you've made - thanks)

Also if there are other bioperl objects / features to be included in 1.0 that
are still not covered in the tutorial, please let me know soon.

Thanks

Peter