[Bioperl-l] Windows Testing

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:42:02 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Paul Boutros wrote:

> I looked into the point made by Pierre Far about the current Windows ppm
> install routine not working with PERL 5.8.0.  I updated the text below to
> take that into account.

Note that the way it was setup works for perl 5.6.1 and PPM - the only
windows setup I had access to.  So I'm not sure the suggestion about the
adding the architecture is exactly right.  It would require adding a
second entry to the ppm file I believe.  I can't really help test this
stuff so I've no idea what is the right way with different mixing and
matching of windows and active state versions.

> Also, on a more general note, am I mistaken in noting that the ppm install
> of Bioperl doesn't include these directories?
> /test
> /doc
> /examples
> /models
> /scripts
> /t

Exactly, if you want them, you get to things the old-fashioned way and
download the zipfile.  Same thing happens when you install pkg with CPAN.