[Bioperl-l] Query re segementation error from Bio::Index::Fasta

Peter Schattner schattner@alum.mit.edu
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:44:38 -0800

Lincoln Stein wrote:

> Does it only happen with NDBM installed, or is it happening with DB_File as
> well?  I have been having problems with NDBM-based scripts of all sorts
> segfaulting since updating to 5.6.1
>
> Lincoln

I'm afraid I don't know know enough about NDBM or DB_File to answer your
question.  (I am running perl 5.6.0 under RH 7.2) But apparently Jason is
seeing similar problems...

Jason wrote:

> Nice one Peter - I remember us batting something like this before around.
> I can't remember what the reason was though...  Will try dig it out from
> memory.  But can definitely reproduce this on RH7.3 too.  Can you submit
> it to bugzilla (http://bugzilla.bioperl.org) so we can start a log around
> this (and be able to find it again when needed).

Will do...