[Bioperl-l] Re: Bio::Root::Root::new()

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:04:04 -0800

-verbose isn't that important, I just thought it's a good idea to
try to rescue it because sometimes parent classes might add a
-verbose flag when the descendant class only passes a single
argument or so.

I don't think we should throw() here -- there are some classes which
accept unnamed parameters, which makes sense if there can only be a
single parameter for instance. If we decide to throw upon uneven
number of arguments, at the very least I'd have to go over a whole
bunch of older bioperl-db classes, and I'm not convinced this is
worth the effort.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org