[Bioperl-l] RE: All done with Bio::DB::Query

Paul Boutros pcboutro@engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 11:43:43 -0500 (EST)

Hi Lincoln,

Running it like that gives:
=======
Can't find string terminator "'" anywhere before EOF at -e line 1.
=======

If I put the print statement in double quotes I get:
=======
MSWin32
=======

Paul

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Lincoln Stein wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Send me the output of this command:
>
> 	perl -e 'print $^O'
>
> That's an Oh.
>
> Lincoln
>
> On Sunday 01 December 2002 06:23 pm, Paul Boutros wrote:
> > Hi Lincoln,
> >
> > Slightly different output, but same basic idea:
> > ==================
> > C:\Perl\bioperl-live>perl -w t\db.t
> > 1..78
> > ok 1
> > '-' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> > operable program or batch file.
> >
> > It does *not* give anything after this at all, but just stops here without
> > giving results for the rest of the tests as it did previously.  This was
> > on the XP system (Perl 5.8.0).
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Paul

<snip previous messages>