[Bioperl-l] sub_SeqFeature written

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gnf.org
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 15:41:38 -0700

On Saturday, August 31, 2002, at 05:54  AM, Ewan Birney wrote:

> I disagree hilmar - I think the sub'ness of a seqfeature does not imply
> that the location is implictily split

Hm -- this is actually what I wanted to caution, too -- so certainly
no disagreement in this respect.

> - I think either the IO modules
> should traverse the tree or the from_SeqFeature should return an
> array of
> FTHelpers, not just one.

This sounds right. I guess I was and probably still am somewhat
confused as to what Michael wanted as the result, since Genbank FT
isn't hierarchical (or am I missing something?).

If it's just about flattening the feature tree such that features
and their subfeatures all show up in the feature table, wouldn't
looping  over $seq->all_SeqFeatures() instead of
$seq->top_SeqFeatures() do the job as well?

If my comments indicate that I don't seem to understand what this is
about then ignore me ... it's not a big deal.

	-hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org