[Bioperl-l] gi number retrieval

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:50:42 -0400 (EDT)

We make available exactly what is in the blast report - you get to write
the regexp to pull out the gi number from the report assuming we've done
our job correctly.

For Bio::SearchIO, in plain text blast reports:
$hit->name() returns everything after the > before the 1st space
$hit->description returns everything else on that line.

If you are finding this is not the case please submit a bug report with an
example offending (entire) blast report as well as the version of bioperl
and of course which blast parser you're using and example code snippet if
possible.

-jason