[Bioperl-l] scripts/ and examples/ are merged

Kris Boulez kris.boulez@algonomics.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:16:50 +0200

> Personally I look at these scripts as ways to learn Bioperl, and it's clear
> that there's a full spectrum of scripts in scripts/, from minimal to fully
> POD-ed and industrial strength. Those little ones could be as useful as the
> big ones for purposes of example. But, of course, if there's low-quality
> work it's of little utility, I'd suggest just taking them out, I can't see
> maintaining a directory of "examples" that we don't think are well-done when
> so much care goes into the modules themselves.

I see 'examples/' as a place where one can put code/scripts/... that
show how a set of related methods/modules work together. This is more
elaborate code then what can go into the modules pod.

This code should allow people to see working code and give them
somehting they can use to write their own (industry strength) scripts.

Just my 0,02 euro

Kris,