[Bioperl-l] Smith-Waterman for DNA seq in bioperl?

Yee Man ymc@optima.stanford.edu
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:53:29 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your reply. I am okay with XS. My problem is more with the S-W
code. My understanding is that if you can get a matrix like DNAMAT, then
you should be able to do DNA S-W. I am not sure whether this is easy or
not though because I only skimmed the C code. Can someone who hacked it
before tells me where I should start?

Thanks for the EMBOSS water suggestion. It should be a good tool to fall
back if it is hard to do DNA S-W in pSW module.

Regards,
Yee Man