[Bioperl-l] swissprot under mysql

David Guzman david_aaron@softhome.net
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:16:52 -0400

Hello:

Thanks to Chris Dagdigian and Keith Allen for the information provided in
this list, allowing me to get to this point...

I am trying to load protein databases under MySQL, I followed up the
indications appearing in BioTeam.Net HOWTO #1 "MyGENBANK with MySQL"
but load_seqdatabase.pl script throws me the following error message (3
seconds later):

#./load_seqdatabase.pl -host localhost -sqldb biosqlsw -dbuser root -dbpass
<....> -format swiss swissprot40
/usr/site/databases/seqdb/swissprot/sprot40.dat
Reading /usr/site/databases/seqdb/swissprot/sprot40.dat
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')'
at line 1 at /usr/lib/perl2/site_perl/5.6.1/Bio/DB/SQL/SeqLocationAdaptor.pm
line 369, <GENO> line 85.

It is a different problem than the one described by Keith Allen, I have
already adjusted max_allowed_packet, sort_packet and record_buffer to 3M as
suggested

Any idea???... thanks for your help

                                                      David Guzman