[Bioperl-l] Re: XML parsing recommendations in BioPerl?

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:24:33 -0400 (EDT)

I would stick with XML::Parser::PerlSAX -- it is used in
Bio::SearchIO::blastxml as well as the GAME parser.  Heikki prefers
XML::Twig in his hands - so your call on what you think will give you an
easier time.  I'd prefer you did it in a SAX framework as this will lend
itself nicely whenever we go to an event based system for sequence
parsing.  I would rather us go to a event based parsing before too long,
but it is debateable whether or not that will get done for 1.2.  Someone
will have to get hot for doing it first I suspect.

-jason

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University