[Bioperl-l] Scimagix here

Esther Flores eflores@scimagix.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:01:42 -0700

I don't mean to interrupt.  I AM LOOKING FOR A DIRECTOR

I need your help....

I am looking for a Director of Applications Engineer with a Life Science background.  Scimagix's new class of enterprise software is transforming image data management for many of the top 15 pharmaceutical companies. Researchers throughout these organizations can now instantly access and mine image data generated across experiments and sites.

Researchers gain increased productivity and additional insights, leading to more informed decisions. Unlock the value of scientific images in your organization and help accelerate the drug discovery process.

If you know of anyone, please respond to me as soon as you can.  This person would possess Application development experience including C++ and Java. Solid object oriented modeling/design, (OOD), development (OOP) skills required. Solid understanding of database principles (relational/object) and applications. Experience with Oracle 7 and Oracle 8 and other commercial database products. Familiar with JDBC drivers and relational database modeling as well as physical design. Experience with CORBA, RMI, and HTTP is also strongly desired. Experience creating Oracle data cartridges is desired. Familiar with NT, UNIX server environments and Windows and Mac client environments. Experience in a dynamic HTML environment. Must have demonstrated ability to succeed in a team-oriented, product development environment; familiar with code sharing and source control tools and is able to schedule work appropriately. Ideal background is a combination of biology and computer science. At least a MS in Computer Science or Science. Preferably PhD.

Best Regards,
Esther Flores, Staffing Consultant
Scimagix, Inc.
2855 Campus  Drive, Suite 100