[Bioperl-l] question about the nature of bioperl

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:25:19 +0800 (SGT)

> > annotation (genome-style) on any input sequence, as well as simple blast
> > pipelines that can be easily modified, protein clustering,etc.
> this sounds awesome, look forward to seeing this!

Well it actually is there already in its first form. If you have a farm
(or a machine for that matter), you can download the code from
bioperl-pipeline and bioperl-run, create an empty database, load one of
the xml files provided, modify to decide what input you want to have
(anything you can provide an adaptor for), modify to decide where you want
to write the output, run the PipelineManager.pl and it should all work
neatly....

....I know I am going to regret this mail ;) my disclaimer is that we have
started 2 months ago, and it is version 0.1 :)

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *
* mobile: +65 9030 7613        *