[Bioperl-l] release numbers

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:31:48 +0100

Chris Mungall wrote:
> surely bioperl-db should be version syncd with biosql-schema rather than
> with bioperl?
>
> so do we force biosql-schema to 1.1 - and biojava and so on with it...?

Biojava is already on 1.22 and should be releasing a 1.23 maintainance
relese as soon as one of us gets time to do the builds. Is there a
compelling reason to have all packages at the same release number? If
there is, perhaps having synced major numbers but decoupled minor
numbers would give you a medium between consistency and artificial releases.

Just my 2p.

-M