[Bioperl-l] *major* error in genbank parser or am i just insane?

Chris Mungall cjm@fruitfly.org
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 19:30:30 -0700 (PDT)

bear in mind the situation I'm talking about is not for weirdo isolated
transplicing cases or 20 year old records entered by some crazed lunatic -
this bug happens if you go to ncbi download the human assembly build29 and
parse it: half of the mRNAs are wrong, unless i'm doing something
fundamentally wrong

we need a good long term solution that is robust for all of genbank, but
we need a short term fix for the standard situation even more - shall i
commit my chnange or will this mess things up more?

all it is

$location->strand($strand)

in FTHelper.pm