[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::GenBank get_Seq_by_acc($acc);

Mick Watson michaelwatson@paradigm-therapeutics.co.uk
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:30:19 +0100

Hi Liisa

The reason you get the error is that you probably have some code like this

    print $seq->desc, "\n";

However, $seq is undefined because get_Seq_by_acc is not returning a valid
$seq object.  The reason for this, I fear, is that you example accession
does not exist in either GenBank or EMBL:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=nucleotide&cmd=search&term=AAH06375

    (check out http://www.ebi.ac.uk/cgi-bin/emblfetch)

If you are not sure if your accessions are valid accession numbers or not,
then put in something like:

my $seq = $db->get_Seq_by_acc($acc);

if (defined $seq) {
    #some code