[Bioperl-l] get_Stream_by_acc in DB/GenBank.pm

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:59:02 -0400 (EDT)

Yes there is a bug in the older (0.7.2) version that was not parsing out
the <pre> tags properly and only took the last sequence.  In fact this bug
affects all the GenBank retrieval because the bad logic in the <pre>
parsing when there are multiple sequences retrieved for a single
accession.  This is because the Entrez queries are not asking specifically
for accession or gi (cause you can't do that with their interface). Use
Bio::DB::EMBL which uses the EBI dbfetch mechanism and is much more
reliable, but that is only available in 1.0... Hmm that doesn't help you.

You can have a local install of bioperl-1.0 in your dir and just
point your PERL5LIB to this (or add a use lib '/home/me/bioperl-1.0'
to the scripts that you want to use bioperl 1.0).   Now if you are doing
both Ensembl and Bioperl in the same script you're stuck.

-j