[Bioperl-l] Parse::FastDescent

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 22:56:58 -0400 (EDT)

>From Damian's diary:

"So, what else are you all getting for your contributions? Well, when I
haven't been wrestling with A4/E4, I've been plotting out the design for a
brand new parser-generator module: Parse::FastDescent. This is the
long-awaited, highly-optimized, industrial-strength successor to
Parse::RecDescent, and it's my major programming project for 2002. Once
Exegesis 4 is out the door, I'll be concentrating on that, with the goal
of a 0.01 release in early May. "

So it is possible that Parse::FastDescent might be fast enough at some
point to be the way to go with the sequence parsing.

Part of refactoring SeqIO to event based parsing will mean it won't matter
how the parsing is implemented just as long as it throws events the event
handler needs to contruct a sequence object.

-j

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University