[Bioperl-l] Idle hands/brains needed :)

Mark Hoebeke hoebeke@versailles.inra.fr
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:44:19 +0200

Hi all,

I've been cooking up a "Multi Genome Map Viewer" allowing simultaneous
display of several annotated DNA sequences along with results of in
silico analyses.  A blurb describing this MapViewer is available at :
	http://www-mig.versailles.inra.fr/bdsi/MapViewer/MapViewer.html

It comes as a bunch of Perl Modules and two programs: an interactive
viewer, and a scriptable viewer to generate map images in various
formats.

As I'm no real Perl expert, I would appreciate some help to make the
whole package a well-behaved Perl module. Essentially, this means that
the code has to be documented and cleanly wrapped up to make it an
easily installable package (which is critical considering the amount of
Perl modules the viewer relies on: BioPerl (of course !), but also
Perl/Gtk for the GUI, and some additional XML and CORBA modules).

So if anyone feels like spending some time on this project, I'd be
glad to send the whole archive. Of course, I'm also willing to discuss
any design issues and/or feature additions.

Many thanks to all volunteers ! :)

FYI, I sent the archive of the project to the script repository some
weeks ago, but received no feedback since (except the message
confirming the submission was successful), that's why I spam the
mailing-list.

Mark Hoebeke

--
hoebeke@versailles.inra.fr	    		_/      _/  _/_/_/    _/_/_/
Tel : (+33) 01 30 83 33 62	   	       _/_/  _/_/    _/    _/