[Bioperl-l] Re: [Bioperl-guts-l] (no subject)

Jason Eric Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:27:33 -0400 (EDT)

Yoram -
(it is helpful to not use all caps as it seems as you are shouting to us,
and maybe you are?)
Also, this discussion is appropriate for the bioperl list not bioperl-guts
list.

You don't really describe what doesn't work, nothing works?  What
operating system and what version of perl are you running.  What are the
symptoms, did you try and do a full install?

Some tests that make sure bioperl is working are provided in the t/
directory in the bioperl distribution.
You can run them individually like
% perl -I. t/BPlite.t

(the -I. flag means use the current directory when looking for paths to
modules, analgous to -I flag in compilers for specifying include paths)

Or you can run the whole test suite by doing the following (in the bioperl
distribution directory you downloaded)
% perl Makefile.Pl
% make
% make test

Try this first and then get back to us on what does or doesn't work.  You
will get a nice diagnostic of all the modules we have written tests for
and information about certain tests that fail.

-jason

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University