[Bioperl-l] PDB parser

Kris Boulez Kris.Boulez@algonomics.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:06:38 +0100

Quoting Marc Baaden (baaden@smplinux.de):

> Hi,
>
> I have just installed the latest stable version
> of bioperl (0.7.??) in the hope of using the
> Bio::Struct modules (PDB.pm, ...) described in
> the paper at
> http://www.bitsjournal.com/bioperl.html

First the bad news:

 This paper is pretty outdated.

Then the good news:

 During the last week I've commited a set of modules (Bio::Structure)
 which do PDB parsing.

> But to my great surprise they do not seem to
> exist ! Neither in the development version 0.9.

These modules are only in cvs at the moment. I don't know when they will
be released as a development version (Jason ?).

> Can anybody help me where to get these modules
> from, how to install them and how to use them ?

You can get the code for now from CVS. How to is explained on
http://cvs.bioperl.org/ .

Kris,
--
Kris Boulez 				Tel: +32-9-241.11.00