[Bioperl-l] Lincoln=Wow

Jason Eric Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:56:39 -0500 (EST)

Just wanted to say, way to go Lincoln on taking the plunge for massive
bioperl commits and changing the underlying base object for all of
bioperl.  The Root module looks a lot cleaner and that was definitely
needed.  I'm getting some warnings on tests that I will track down, but I
think that everything went really smoothly.  Thanks for seeing a problem
and fixing it.

Someone in the core group will look into rewriting some of the coding
guidelines to include this new specification in module creation.  Would be
interested if other people have coding guidelines, improvements to our
conventions, feedback about adding external module dependancies, etc.
This is the time in which it would be easiest to try and establish any new
guidelines as we are going to make an effort to have every module
inspected before the 1.0 release.

We welcome any volunteers to help insure that all modules meet any new
specifications and to write tests, and of course do the fun stuff, like
write new modules.  If you are interested, check out the out-of-date
project list on the wiki page and add your own projects, send a note to
the list, and get started.

-jason
--
Jason Stajich