[Bioperl-l] Canada

olelem@go.com olelem@go.com
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:43:21

Michael Olele
FAX: FAX: 1416 270 5602

Partnership

The South African economy has witnessed a steady growth since the end of Aparthied. Within the Ministry of Minerals and Energy where I work as a director of Auditing and Project Implementation, Mining and Quarrying alone contributes 12.3% GDP (R25.9Billion), Gold made up R19.9Billion of the yearly export while Base metals and other mineral products contribute R6.7Billion and R5.0Billion respectively. This figures excludes Diamond, which is quoted separately.

The Government have continuously strive to improve and maintain good relationship with foreign government and non governmental financial agencies by ensuring payments for all debts owed foreign contractors, In fact I have been on several Government sponsored trade delegation overseas to improve and attract foreign investments to South Africa. Presently, I am on my way to Canada on a short training course in relation to the aforementioned.

I write to solicit your partnership in a matter I believe strongly will be of mutual benefit to us, this would require your trust and your capability to work according to instructions. I represent a caucus in dire need of a foreign partner to assist us in the investment of USD26,200,000.00 (Twenty Six Million Two Hundred Thousand United States Dollars). The key issues are the transfer and the subsequent investment of the said sum. We are ready to go into an agreement with you plus offer you a negotiable fees for putting together a portfolio for investment.

 It does not matter whether or not you own a company or you have invested funds before. We shall guide you on what to do. The basis will be that a major company won a contract and subcontracted it to you. More often, big trading companies and firms of unrelated fields win contracts and subcontract to more specialized firms for execution.

We shall follow strictly all the legal procedures entailed in our laws and international laws in transferring the funds to you. The source of the funds is legitimate and authoritative, our caucus extends from my ministry (Mines and Energy) to the Ministry of Finance and the Reserve Bank of South Africa.

Please be informed that under the South Africa Government monetary policy, strategic positioned government officials are not allowed to operate or own bank account overseas, hence our need for a foreign partner.

We pray you take the essence of this letter in strict confidence and kindly notify me by fax only for further details, upon your acceptance of this proposal.

Best Regards

Michael Olele