[Bioperl-l] bioperl-db is a one way ticket?

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 06:45:29 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Alex Zelensky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> bioperl-db provides means for storing sequences in a local database and
> accessing them by dbid or accession. But are there any methods to remove
> a set of sequences from db, so that all information that is kept in
> subordinate tables (bioentry_taxe, seqfeature etc.) was also removed? Or
> to remove biodatabase  and all related sequences and information from
> other tables related to these sequences from mysql database?

certainly the aim is to have a remove() method - just not implemented
yet...

(feel free to implement it. It should be on the Adaptors in Bio::DB::SQL
and I think take the "dbID" - database id).