[Bioperl-l] SVG rendering

Malay Kumar Basu curiouser@gene.ccmbindia.org
Fri, 18 May 2001 20:15:11 -0700 (PDT)

> Can SVG graphics also be interactive through JavaScript and DHTML?

Yes. The plugin from Adobe let the DOM of the SVG document exposed to be
accessed through JavaScript (Not supported in Mac at present). You can
have complete animation of vector graphics via the SVG plugin. But at
present it is cumbersome. Frankly speaking DHTML via DOM is like using
cannon to kill a fly.

> Could someone also enlighten me on what the GFF/DASGFF/GenBank/GAME files are?

Are you in biology ?? ;-). Jokes apart, these are different file formats
for biological data, DASGFF and GAME are XML, GFF is tab-delimited and
Genbank is in flatfile format.

Cheers,

Malay
curiouser@ccmb.ap.nic.in